• Our Mission • • • "Seeking Excellence in Academics, Activities, and Athletics"
In pursuit of excellence, the Colorado High School Activities Association strives to create a positive and equitable environment in which all qualified student participants are challenged and inspired to meet their highest potential.
To fulfill this mission the Colorado High School Activities Association will:
- Act as an integral component of the educational process.
- Administrate, interpret, and seek compliance with the CHSAA By-laws as needed to promote fair play within Colorado activities and athletics.
- Provide diverse and equitable opportunities for participation that encourages all qualified students to take part in the activity/athletic experience.
- Provide an environment that enhances personal development through sporting behavior, character education, teamwork, leadership, and citizenship while increasing values that partner the educational standards of the State of Colorado.
- Recognize the outstanding accomplishments of Colorado athletes, teams, coaches, and administrators through our academic and activity awards programs.
• Our Core Values • • •
- Participation is a Privilege
- Athletics and Activities Programs are Education-based
- Participation in Athletics and Activities Teach Life Skills
- Appropriate Perspective is Taught Through Participation
- Fun is Primary Reason for a Student’s Participation
- Participation Supports the Academic Mission of the school
- Participation Supports the Development of Positive Character